At Retreat South, we believe major trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) should not dictate the terms in your life.
Our lives are a tapestry of events that can cause us happiness and sometimes, sorrow. Dealing with events that have had a devastating impact on our lives can and do change the way we think, feel and respond to life.
Large scale emotional events can create significant trauma
Continued stressors over an extended period of time through to large scale emotional events can create significant trauma in even the hardiest of individuals. At Retreat South, we know that trauma and PTSD can impede your ability to enjoy healthy relationships and cope with life pressures and demands.
We can help you overcome trauma from significant life events such as:
- Childhood abuse
- Abusive relationships
- The breakdown of a relationship
- The effects of violent crime
- Redundancy, retrenchment and career-based rejection
- Accident and major illness recovery
- Grief, loss and death of a loved one
- Military service and frontline engagement
- The effects of primary carer in relation to compassion fatigue
If you or someone you know is suffering from depression please contact us, we can help.